Re: Problem involving checkbox and Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Jeff Self
Subject Re: Problem involving checkbox and Postgresql
Date
Re: Problem involving checkbox and Postgresql  (Keary Suska <hierophant@pcisys.net>)
Re: Problem involving checkbox and Postgresql  (Chadwick Rolfs <cmr@shell.gis.net>)
Re: Problem involving checkbox and Postgresql  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
List pgsql-php
That only works if I leave the checkboxes checked. If I remove the
check, I get the following error:

Warning:  pg_exec() query failed:  ERROR:  Bad boolean external
representation ''
 in /var/www/nngov/admin/jobpostresults.php on line 66

On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 13:39, Surojit Niyogi wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> Set the value parameter in the input tag
>
> <input type="checkbox"
> name="driving_required" CHECKED value='1'>
>
> That should work I believe.
>
> -Surojit
>
> Jeff Self wrote:
>
> >I've got a table with a field called driving_required with a boolean
> >type and default 'true'. I've built a web page which contains the
> >following lines for displaying a checkbox:

> >name="driving_required" CHECKED></td></tr>
> >
> >After the form is submitted, it calls a php file called
> >jobpostresults.php which enters the data from the form into the database
> >and displays the results on the page.
> >
> >Here's the section that enters the form data into the database:
> >
> >// Add Job Description Details
> >$jddquery = "INSERT INTO job_description_details (description_id,
> >effective_date, driving_required, submitted_on, submitted_by,
> >sm_description, responsibilities, behaviors, skills, experience,
> >requirements) VALUES
>
>('$description_id','$effective_date','$driving_required',now(),'$submitted_by','$sm_description','$responsibilities','$behaviors','$skills','$experience','$requirements')";
> >
> >$jddresult = pg_exec($conn, $jddquery);
> >if (!$jddresult)
> >    exit;
> >
> >When I input the data and click on submit I get the following error
> >message:
> >
> >Warning:  pg_exec() query failed:  ERROR:  Bad boolean external
> >representation 'on'
> > in /var/www/nngov/admin/jobpostresults.php on line 46
> >
> >It looks like the html form is producing 'on' for the value of
> >driving_required. How do I get this changed to 'true' in PostgreSQL?

Jeff Self
Information Technology Analyst
Department of Personnel
City of Newport News