Re: Support. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: Support.
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Louis P. Boudville wrote:

> Dear anyone concern,
>
> 1.    Where can I get end user support for PostgreSQL ?

Lots of places.  Depends on how much hand holding you feel you need.

There's very good support here on the lists.  You can hire your own in
house professional pretty cheap if you wanted.  You can hire many of the
folks ON THESE LISTS through their companies, such as commandprompt.com
and pgsql.com.  There's also the online archives of these lists, which can
be searched at groups.google.com

> 2.    What are the fees like ?

They vary from free (the lists), internet to thousands.  I think the
average commercial support license I've seen has been in the $4,000 to
$20,000 range, and of course, they very in terms of hours of coverage,
number of contacts, etc...