Re: I want to use postresql for this app, but... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: I want to use postresql for this app, but...
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Claudio Cicali wrote:

> Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
>
> > Visit: http://www.mysql.com/company/index.html
> > "MySQL staff develop new releases every..."
> >
> > Equal access will (probably) never happen, because MySQL AB would not be able
> > to release "double-licences" without the agreement of all authors.
>
> Wonder what is missing to Postgresql ? (hint: strong commercial support. No flame, please ! :))

Yes, that same problem has certainly seemed to hamper the implementation
of the apache web server.  I mean, no one uses that thing...  without a
single strong company behind it, apache has just floundered the last few
years.

Guess what?  Both Postgresql and apache have strong commercial support.
It just isn't provided by one company who holds all the strings.

That's a good thing, by the way.