Re: A cohesive sales message - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Roderick A. Anderson
Subject Re: A cohesive sales message
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> At the large expositions over here (LinuxTag and LinuxWorld), the crowd
> is very mixed.  You can't take one approach or the other.  In fact,
> even if you take the approach of being as business-like as possible,
> the suits might dislike that because then you're just like the other
> commercial guys.  If they come all the way to a LinuxFoo event, they
> want to see a little bit of that spirit.  Those that can't comprehend a
> message if it is not full of buzzwords won't go there anyway -- they
> will send some IT guy who has a clue.

I once used this to great advantage and a bit of fun.  I came back with
flyers and friends, some techie and some suitish.  Told my boss he could
only look at the suitish stuff though the techie looked more interesting.

Point has been mentioned in another message.  We should have all types
available.

Rod