Re: getBinaryStream/setBinaryStream 7.2<->7.4 Question - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: getBinaryStream/setBinaryStream 7.2<->7.4 Question
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, Harry Schittler wrote:

> Barry Lind told me he thinks this is a known bug in the server, which
> causing translation of bytea data to unicode. He suggested switching the
> database to unicode. But I'm still a bit confused, about a serverbug
> that goes away when changing the client?

Starting with the 7.3 server multibyte support came compiled in always, so
the JDBC driver started asking the server to do all conversion between
character sets and somewhere in there (the server conversion) is the bug.
The 7.2 JDBC driver doesn't know about this available functionality so it
doesn't come across the bug.

Kris Jurka