Re: UTF support in WIN32 native and Lower/Upper in 7.5 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: UTF support in WIN32 native and Lower/Upper in 7.5
Date
List pgsql-general

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Marek Lewczuk wrote:

> I'm looking at "TODO list for PostgreSQL" and "Fix upper()/lower() to
> work for multibyte encodings" has no dash (-) -- so it won't be made in
> 7.5 ?

An item in the TODO list only gets a dash when it is complete.  The fact
that it does not have a dash does not mean that there is no hope for the
7.5 release, as Peter E is working on this particular item.

> Another question is about WIN32 native release - currently, all win
> users cannot set locales, becouse Cygwin does not support it -- I hope
> that it will be solved in native release, so UTF-8 should work as well ??

You may be confusing locale with encoding here.  UTF-8 is an encoding not
a locale.

Kris Jurka