Re: Backend Protocol Examples? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: Backend Protocol Examples?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On 4 Dec 2003, Ezotyrik wrote:

> Guess my next question is does anyone know of a more appropriate place
> to ask this question?

If your question is just about the fe/be protocol than -hackers is
probably a better place to ask, but if it's about java than here is
correct.  I read your original message, but wasn't inspired to reply
because I had no idea what you were trying to do.  Why are you trying to
directly communicate with the server?

I would start by looking at org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor's
sendQueryV3 and sendQueryV2 methods.  You seem to be using the V2 method
(no message length).  Could that be the problem?

Kris Jurka