Re: Out of memory error - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: Out of memory error
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Andrea Cannarsa wrote:

> Hello, i have a problem with my jdbc driver. When i do a select on a
> table within a blob object my java application send an error message :
> "java.lang.out.of.memoryerror". Now i have try the same select with
> EMS PostgreSQL Manager and the resultset is correct. I'm using the
> PostgreSQL ver. 7.3 for windows and the "pg73jdbc3.jar JDBC - Driver".
>
> Who can help me? How can i solve my problem?

How big is the bytea field?  The JDBC driver is not very efficient with
transferring this and may use 2 or 3 times the memory required.  Consider
increasing the memory available to the JVM.  Also if the query returns
multiple rows consider streaming the result set using setFetchSize().

Kris Jurka