Re: A bug in 7.3 jdbc driver now support for PG money type - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: A bug in 7.3 jdbc driver now support for PG money type
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On 3 Nov 2003, Dave Cramer wrote:

> Michael,
>
> Would it be possible for you to use the getObject() method instead. In
> order to support the money type as a double we need to put some code in
> to check for the $, and comma's; Given that money is a deprecated type
> in postgres this is alot of cycles in the driver to support a case which
> will be used sparsely.

The patch I suggested is not sufficient as it does not handle other
locales.  Currently anything that uses a different currency symbol or
grouping separator is broken.  I would suggest that we remove all support
for money other than getString() because we can't attempt to parse it
without correctly knowing the locale.

Kris Jurka