Re: Driver.acceptsURL(String) not working correctly - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: Driver.acceptsURL(String) not working correctly
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, Garrick Dasbach wrote:

> I'm currently writing an application which allows a user to enter a JDBC
> connection string, and I make a connection using that string and the
> drivers available to me.  While working with the Postgresql driver, our
> primary database, I noticed that the acceptsURL() function of the JDBC
> driver does not function correctly.
>
> This is my test code:
>
> Driver driver = // Driver Initialization
> if(driver.acceptsURL("blah")){
>     // report good news
> } else {
>     // fail to user
> }
>
> I should recieve a failure, resulting in a dialog popup to the user.
> However acceptsURL returns true in this case.

Here is a patch that fixes this.  Also it corrects the comments describing
the protocol string to say jdbc:postgresql: instead of
jdbc:org.postgresql:

Also I've added this test case and another for IPv6 addresses to the
acceptsURL regression test.

Kris Jurka

Attachment