Re: Sql Types Supported - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: Sql Types Supported
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Satyajit wrote:

> HI!
> We are using PostGre sql driver. Can any body please tell what are all
> the SQL Types(BIT, TINYINT, SMALLINT, INTEGER, BIGINT, FLOAT, REAL,
> DOUBLE, NUMERIC, DECIMAL, CHAR, VARCHAR, LONGVARCHAR, DATE, TIME,
> TIMESTAMP, BINARY, VARBINARY, LONGVARBINARY, NULL, OTHER, JAVA_OBJECT,
> DISTINCT, STRUCT, ARRAY, BLOB, CLOB, REF, DATALINK, BOOLEAN) are
> currently supported.

SQL 92 defines the following types:

CHARACTER, CHARACTER VARYING, BIT, BIT VARYING, NUMERIC, DECIMAL, INTEGER,
SMALLINT, FLOAT, REAL, DOUBLE PRECISION, DATE, TIME, TIMESTAMP, and
INTERVAL

As far as I know, postgresql supports all those types.  If you've gotten
used to using things like TINYINT, I'd recommend avoiding them unless you
REALLY need them, as they are fairly non-standard.