Re: IN clauses via setObject(Collection) [Was: Re: Prepared - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dmitry Tkach
Subject Re: IN clauses via setObject(Collection) [Was: Re: Prepared
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

>Also.. what would we do with this object?
>
>public class AnnoyingObject implements java.util.Collection, java.sql.Array {
>  // ...
>}
>
>then setObject(n, new AnnoyingObject(), Types.ARRAY);
>
>Is that an Array, or an IN clause of Arrays? :)
>
>(Array is the obvious candidate for also being a Collection, but potentially
>you could do it with other types too)

java.sql.Array is an ARRAY.
I don't think there is any ambiguity here, as it is the only reason I
can imagine for somebody to implement a sql.Array is to pass an ARRAY
into a PreparedStatement.

If they wanted a set of arrays, they would have to pass in a Collection,
containing java.sql.Arrays as elements...

Dima