Re: FW: Version 7 question - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: FW: Version 7 question
Date
List pgsql-performance
The best way to set it is to let the machine run under normal load for a
while, then look at the cache / buffer usage using top (or some other
program, top works fine for this).

My server with 1.5 gig ram shows 862328K cache right now.  So, just divide
by page size (usually 8192) and I get ~ 100,000 blocks.