Re: [pgsql-advocacy] MySQL gets $19.5 MM - Mailing list pgsql-general

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] MySQL gets $19.5 MM
Date
List pgsql-general

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Network Administrator wrote:

> What if smaller not-quite-trade-shows were held in different cities?  I would be
> *very* interested in sponsering short seminars that simply market Pg and maybe
> show some demo's and discuss thinks like migrate to Pg, Administration, IDE
> options, etc.
>
> I used to rent meeting rooms at hotels for another venture and that is a pretty
> cheap thing to do (include the coffee, tea, cheese, yada-yada-yada).  The
> questions is how to get folks to attend...
>
> ..sound like mail stuffing party to me!

Never underestimate how much you can do just by being a part of your local
community.  I'm giving a quick session tonight here in Denver to compare
MySQL, Postgresql and Firebird.

While I personally prefer Postgresql there are some things MySQL is
particularly suited to as well, and some things that firebird is suited to
as well.

A fair and valid comparison of their features is a useful way of "selling"
Postgresql to the people who need it.