Re: Cross database reference (databases are on the same - Mailing list pgsql-general

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: Cross database reference (databases are on the same
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Joe Conway wrote:

> scott.marlowe wrote:
> >
> > For example:
> >
> > select dblink_connect('dbname=template1'); dblink_connect
>
> But please note that the syntax Scott shows is from PostgreSQL 7.3 and
> greater. Postgres 7.2.x is old, and the version of dblink in it is quite
> limited and awkward to use -- I highly recommend updating to PostgreSQL
> 7.3.2.

I second that.  Of all the different packages I've ever used, apache and
postgresql are usually the most compelling of all to upgrade.  The new
release versions are always more secure, more stable, faster, and easier
to use.  I.e. the upgrade always saves me enough time down the line that
it's best to do it as soon as the new version can be tested and installed.

I can't say that about all the packages I have to keep happy on my box.
:-)