Re: Cross database reference (databases are on the same - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Cross database reference (databases are on the same
Date
List pgsql-general
scott.marlowe wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Flower Sun wrote:
>> Thank you for your reply. Can you give us a sample of using the
>> first method using dblink? (My postgresql server is 7.2
>> preinstalled while installing redhat 8.0, I even cannot find the
>> */contrib/* directory you mentioned).

on my RH 7.3 server it is /usr/lib/pgsql/contrib

> For example:
>
> select dblink_connect('dbname=template1'); dblink_connect

But please note that the syntax Scott shows is from PostgreSQL 7.3 and
greater. Postgres 7.2.x is old, and the version of dblink in it is quite
limited and awkward to use -- I highly recommend updating to PostgreSQL
7.3.2.

Joe