Re: getColumns() is not table name case insensitive - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: getColumns() is not table name case insensitive
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, [ISO-8859-2] Micha� Niklas wrote:

> Hello,
> My program can show tables and columns.
> I use metainformation to get it.
> Unfortunatelly getColumns() works fine only
> if name of table is identical in case
> with table name in PostgreSQL system tables.
>
> I think both relname and attname should be compared
> without case sensitivity.

What if you have two tables named "tableone" and "TableOne" then you
cannot retrieve the information for just one of the tables.

You can determine the Postgres case folding rules from the various
DatabaseMetaData.storesXXXXXCaseIdentifiers methods.  What this won't tell
you is wether your original table was created with quotes or not.  If your
getColumns call is generated from the results of getTables then your fine
because it will give you the correct case.  What is your table name source
for this application?

Kris Jurka