Re: DataSource suddenly drops all connections? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Holger Klawitter
Subject Re: DataSource suddenly drops all connections?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi Barry,

> Have you tried the latest jdbc build for 7.3 from the website?  There
> was a recent bug fix that looks similar to what you are reporting here.

I tried the newest version, it also created the same problem. But I discovered
something new:

The "killer" statement had a (char)0 as part of one argument. The statement
seemed to be broken up into two "packets" being sent to postgres seperately.
I am not sure whether the character originated from a parameter being sent to
the webapp or from tomcat dropping one in or even jdbc doing so (unlikely).

After the sql exception (unterminated ' constant) I got another error only in
postgres (bad socket command ') which was probably from the beginning of the
"second" packet.

This results in the jdbc driver to be utterly confused and closing all
connection sockets.

Right now I've added an input filter against char 0's ...

With kind regards / mit freundlichem Gruß
    Holger Klawitter
--
Holger Klawitter                          http://www.klawitter.de
lists@klawitter.de