Re: dxf file format - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject Re: dxf file format
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Bob T wrote:

> Does anyone have any knowledge regarding Reading Writing or Converting
> dxf file format to the Postgresql database and tables. Or perhaps a
> format that Postgresql can read.
>
> DXF is used in CAD programs as a saved format.

The full description used to be included in the Autocad documentation.
It's been years since I used Autocad (Version 10) so I'm not sure what is
available now when you buy a copy.  I do know that the format as changed
quite a bit around Version 11 or 12 from previous versions.

A quick search using GOOGLE produced

   http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/pbourke/3dformats/dxf2000/dxf_format.htm

and several more.

Best,
Rod
--
             Why is it so easy to throw caution to the wind.
            Shouldn't it be heavier and shaped like an anvil?

                                                           Jon Anderson