Re: Need help changing NAMEDATALEN - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Need help changing NAMEDATALEN
Date
List pgsql-general
fhallais wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am trying to recompile postgresql 7.2 to change the default
> of namedatalen=32.
>
> Following instructions in a patch for version 7.1, found in the
> mailing list, I used the command:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql \
>    --with-namedatalen=128 \

Configure does not recognize this option, and for some stupid reason
(which we don't control) configure doesn't complain about options it
doesn't understand.  Look in /src/include and change it in the proper
*.h. file, should be postgres_ext.h.

Please tell us where you saw those 7.1 instructions.  I can't find them
anywhere.