Re: postgresql 7.2b5 and vserver: statistics sockets - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject Re: postgresql 7.2b5 and vserver: statistics sockets
Date
List pgsql-general
I know it is pathetic to reply to one's own mail but hey ...

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002 postgresql@fruru.com wrote:

> Anyone has a patch handy by accident ? ;-)
>
> I might just change the behavior to "bind to any port and you better have
> a good firewall to protect you" ...
when binding to the 0.0.0.0 address (or the address given to the vserver)
everything is shiny and rosy.  I can live with having to patch (as there
is not much enthousiasm for getting this behaviour configurable) postgres
manually for this.

If more people encounter the same problem (it's the way vserver works,
there are some good arguments on why not to make 127.0.0.1 available) I
can come up with a cleaner solution - like a configuration directive or
something.

Thanks for the feedback,
Tycho