Re: Snapshot is not working - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tille, Andreas
Subject Re: Snapshot is not working
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Tille, Andreas" <TilleA@rki.de> writes:
> > No I did not.  Even if I set
> >     unix_socket_directory = '/tmp'
> > explicitely in /usr/local/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf but this doesn´t
> > change anything.
>
> No, because that's telling the postmaster to put the socket in /tmp,
> which is what it was doing anyway.  Your problem is that psql is doing
> something different from the postmaster.
Well OK, than it works with

      unix_socket_directory = '/var/run/postgresql'

now.  Thanks for the hint.  On the other hand:  How can I really make sure
that my postgresql snapshot is running.  I´m afraid that there are some
remainders from my 7.1.3 installation which might has caused this trouble.

> > and I do not see any remander from the Debian settings but the problem
> > remains that the socket is created under /tmp but from postgres
> > expected to be under /var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432.
>
> Do you perhaps have PGHOST set to /var/run/postgresql in psql's
> environment?
No, it´s empty.

Kind regards

       Andreas.