Re: Snapshot is not working - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tille, Andreas
Subject Re: Snapshot is not working
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> That is the normal place for it.  If you want it somewhere else, you
> have to tell the postmaster so.  Did you set UNIX_SOCKET_DIRECTORY
> in postgresql.conf?
No I did not.  Even if I set

    unix_socket_directory = '/tmp'

explicitely in /usr/local/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf but this doesn´t
change anything.  Moreover I tracked down the problem and detected
that my /etc/init.d/postgres script had a remainder from my previous
Debian installation of Postgresql 7.1.3. (POSTGRESHOME was set to
/var/lib/postgres).  I removed this.

Now I included a "set -x" into /etc/init.d/postgresql :

+ PGSQLPATH=/usr/local/pgsql
+ DATAPATH=/usr/local/pgsql/data
+ POSTMASTER=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster
+ . /usr/local/pgsql/data/postmaster.conf
++ '[' -z '' ']'
++ POSTGRESHOME=/usr/local/pgsql/data
++ PGDATESTYLE=GERMAN
+ PGDATA=/usr/local/pgsql/data
+ export PGDATA PGSQLPATH DATAPATH POSTMASTER POSTGRESHOME PGDATESTYLE
+ echo /usr/local/pgsql/data /usr/local/pgsql /usr/local/pgsql/data /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster
/usr/local/pgsql/dataGERMAN
/usr/local/pgsql/data /usr/local/pgsql /usr/local/pgsql/data /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster /usr/local/pgsql/data
GERMAN
+ startup
+ touch /var/log/postgres.log
+ chown postgres.postgres /var/log/postgres.log
+ su - postgres -c '/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data  >/var/log/postgres.log 2>&1 &'
+ exit 0

and I do not see any remander from the Debian settings but the problem
remains that the socket is created under /tmp but from postgres
expected to be under /var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432.

Any idea?

Kind regards

         Andreas.