RE: libpq compile error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Einar Karttunen
Subject RE: libpq compile error
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Olivier Cherrier wrote:
> >> bash-2.04$ gcc -v -I/usr/local/include/postgresql/ -o
> >testlibpq testlibpq.c
> >
> >Now tell yourself where do you tell the compiler where all the
> >postgresql
> >code is! The compiler itself wont give you the code for all
> >your postgresql
> >specific function calls.
> >
> >try add "-lpq" to the end of the line.
>

> Unfortunately, It doesn't help:
>
> <<
> bash-2.04$ gcc -I/usr/local/include/postgresql/ -o testlibpq testlibpq.c
> -lpq
> ld: -lpq: no match
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> bash-2.04$

gcc -o testlibpq testlibpq.c -Iinclude_dir -Llib_dir -lpq

include_dir is the directory containing pgsql header files (*.h).
lib_dir is the directory containing pgsql libraries (eg. libpq.so)

You can locate the libdir by find / -name 'libpq.so*'

- Einar Karttunen