RE: libpq compile error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Olivier Cherrier
Subject RE: libpq compile error
Date
List pgsql-general
>> bash-2.04$ gcc -v -I/usr/local/include/postgresql/ -o
>testlibpq testlibpq.c
>
>Now tell yourself where do you tell the compiler where all the
>postgresql
>code is! The compiler itself wont give you the code for all
>your postgresql
>specific function calls.
>
>try add "-lpq" to the end of the line.

Unfortunately, It doesn't help:

<<
bash-2.04$ gcc -I/usr/local/include/postgresql/ -o testlibpq testlibpq.c
-lpq
ld: -lpq: no match
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
bash-2.04$

"man gcc" gives that "-l" is for libraries.

I also tried:

<<
bash-2.04$ gcc -I/usr/local/include/postgresql/
-L/usr/local/include/postgresql/
-o testlibpq testlibpq.c -lpq

But I get the same original error (Undefined symbol).

Thanks for help.

Olivier