Re: Maintaining the list of release changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Maintaining the list of release changes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> I think it should live in .../doc, same as TODO.  Not picky about name.
>
> I don't think we should remove the file; removing and re-adding it will
> probably do strange things to CVS history.  One could argue about
> whether we even need to clear it.  Might be best to ship it as-is in
> the release, and then clear it *after* the next version branch.

It seems that I'm going to have a hard time convincing people to put the
notes into the DocBook sources right away, so in order to get this
jump-started, I'll go with the text file.

New changes go at the top.  I guess we'll want to keep the one-liner,
barely-a-sentence format for now.

Not sure if we want to ship this file, but we can think about that later
when we see how it develops.

As for name, maybe CHANGES.  You could think of it this way:  Some changes
may cancel each other out along the way and may not go down into
"history".

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net