Re: Performance tips - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Coax
Subject Re: Performance tips
Date
List pgsql-general
> > values from /proc/stat - and averages them over the timeperiod you
> > specify.
>
> LOL! If that's true, why does running it with no arguments produce one line
> of output if it's going to be wrong? I'd count that as a form of bug.

Heh. Have fun reporting it.  Been that way since /proc/stat was invented -
and psutils was written :)

Either way, thats not a postgres problem - so off topic.

have fun with vmstat.  Watch the numbers when your db gets loaded. Might
well tell you exactly where your bottleneck is.

Chad