Re: Cross-database queries - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brett W. McCoy
Subject Re: Cross-database queries
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Andy Hallam wrote:

> I am porting our applications from SQL SERVER, ORACLE and DB2 to PostgreSQL.
>
> I have just read that PostgreSQL does NOT support cross-database queries.

Nope, it doesn't.  However, you can simulate this in your client
application by having two database connections open and making two queries
and then processing both sets of data.

There was talk about having schema support in PostgreSQL at time.  In
fact, I think it is listed as 'Urgent' in the TODO list as part of the
replication support

(http://postgresql.cokernet.com/docs/todo.html)

-- Brett
                                          http://www.chapelperilous.net/
You can fool all the people all of the time if the advertising is right
and the budget is big enough.
        -- Joseph E. Levine