Re: Possible bug in postgresql-7.1.3-1PGDG - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Possible bug in postgresql-7.1.3-1PGDG
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Brett W. McCoy wrote:

> There should be!  Are you sure you are using 7.1.3?  It sounds like the
> data directory didn't get upgraded properly.

Brett,

  I am no longer sure what's installed. When I look at
/var/lib/pgsql/data/base/PG_VERSION I see '7.1.2'. But, I ran 'rpm -Uvh ...'
for the 7.1.3 upgrade (rather than a freshen).

  No data worth saving now, I've been consumed with too many other projects.
But, I have both business and scientific databases I need to build so I want
to get 7.1.3 correctly installed and working; I'll keep current after that.

  Should I move configuration files (such as pg_hba.conf) to a safe area,
then manually delete all references to postgres that locate and find reveal,
before starting from scratch?

  Right now I'm looking to get a working installation of 7.1.3 so I can
start developing these applications.

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President