RES: Backup Postgre Windows to Linux - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Flávio Brito
Subject RES: Backup Postgre Windows to Linux
Date
List pgsql-general
Brett

I am using Windows 2000 Server

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Brett W. McCoy [mailto:bmccoy@chapelperilous.net]
Enviada em: sexta-feira, 19 de outubro de 2001 10:44
Para: Flávio Brito
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Assunto: Re: [GENERAL] Backup Postgre Windows to Linux

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Flávio Brito wrote:

> I am using  "pg_dumpall -h localhost -p 5432 > db.out"
> When I try it on Windows its turns my printer on and freeze

Ouch!  What version of Windows are you using?  I seem to recall that DOS &
Windows used to remap an interrupt (divide by zero?  overflow?) to be a
printer interrupt, so certain fatal exceptions trapped by the hardware
would just start printing crap out on the printer inadvertently.  I wonder
if this is still the case in newer versions of Windows?

-- Brett
                                          http://www.chapelperilous.net/
"All we are given is possibilities -- to make ourselves one thing or
another."
-- Ortega y Gasset