Re: Backup Postgre Windows to Linux - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joel Burton
Subject Re: Backup Postgre Windows to Linux
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, [iso-8859-1] Fl�vio Brito wrote:

> Dear Joel
>
> When I try it I recieve a erro . Cannot conect .... but it on air. I tested
> by pgAdmin
>
> More suggestions? There is no way to export structure and data using  SQL,
> like this?
>
> CREATE table .....
>
> INSERT INTO .....

Yes, pg_dump and pg_dumpall call do this.

Can you post the exact command you are running (blank out any password or
hostname, etc.) and the exact error message you get?

--

Joel BURTON  |  joel@joelburton.com  |  joelburton.com  |  aim: wjoelburton
Independent Knowledge Management Consultant