Re: To Postgres Devs : Wouldn't changing the select limit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: To Postgres Devs : Wouldn't changing the select limit
Date
List pgsql-general
Jochem van Dieten <jochemd@oli.tudelft.nl> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> There aren't any: SQL92 and SQL99 have no such feature.  (Although I
>> notice that they list LIMIT as a word likely to become reserved in
>> future versions.)

> But according to the list in the PostgreSQL docs OFFSET is not a
> reserved word. Is it one of the 'likely to become reserved' words?

Nope, it's not listed.  There's no guarantee that their intended use
is the same as ours, anyway, so I don't put any stock in this as a
reason to make a decision now.  It was just an observation in passing.

            regards, tom lane