Re: [BUGS] Build problem with CVS version - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [BUGS] Build problem with CVS version
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> > What we probably want is some configure switch that switches between the
> > current behaviour and the behaviour you want.
>
> I'd suggest --prefix-like options to determine installation locations
> for the perl and python modules,

Basically, I was envisioning some option like

--enable-local-installation-layout
--enable-playpen-installation

just something, um, better.  (If we name them --with-perldir, then 51% of
the users will think that's the location where Perl itself is installed.)

Actually, if you do opt for the "playpen" version then the actual choice
of installation directory shouldn't be so interesting.  The only
reasonable place is ${libdir}/postgresql, unless you want to make up your
own file system standard.

> plus options on the order of --no-install-perl (ie, build it, but
> don't install it).

This is currently the default behaviour, if you recall. ;-)