From
Subject Re: Databases compared at zend.com
Date
List pgsql-general
> Good article.  The only inaccuracy I saw was that he claims Postgres'
> storage of large objects is "in the filesystem" and "inefficient".
> >From my reading of the docs this is not true--large objects are stored
> within the database just as with any other data.  The programming
> interface to LOs may or may not be clunkier than that of other
> databases, but the storage is no less efficient.

As the person who wrote it :) It was my understanding that PostgreSQL
stores large objects on the filesystem outside of the database tables.
They may be indexed but I thought there was only an identifier within the
table that pointed to the large object.

If this is not true, could someone please describe the actual process, I
can update the article.

Joshua Drake