From Doug McNaught
Subject Re: Databases compared at zend.com
Date
Re: Databases compared at zend.com  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
Michael <mwaples@waples.net> writes:

> http://www.zend.com/zend/art/databases.php
>
> Needless to say Postgresql comes out looking pretty good. Good to have
> links like this to show the advantages of Postgresql when I'm trying to
> convert others to using it.

Good article.  The only inaccuracy I saw was that he claims Postgres'
storage of large objects is "in the filesystem" and "inefficient".
From my reading of the docs this is not true--large objects are stored
within the database just as with any other data.  The programming
interface to LOs may or may not be clunkier than that of other
databases, but the storage is no less efficient.

I thought about posting a comment on the article, but I didn't feel
like registering at Yet Another Website in order to do so.

-Doug
--
The rain man gave me two cures; he said jump right in,
The first was Texas medicine--the second was just railroad gin,