Re: patch for configure for enabling of pl/tcl unknown support - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: patch for configure for enabling of pl/tcl unknown support
Date
List pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian writes:

> I am attaching the new Makefile.  I was a little confused on the
> Makefile dependencies when the actual files are not generated unless
> then ask for --enable-pltcl-unknown:
>
>     all: $(INFILES) tcl_unknown
>
>     tcl_unknown: $(top_builddir)/src/Makefile.global \
>             modules/pltcl_loadmod.in \
>             modules/pltcl_delmod.in \
>             modules/pltcl_listmod.in
>     ifeq ($(enable_pltcl_unknown), yes)
>             sed -e 's,@TCLSH@,$(TCLSH),g' modules/pltcl_loadmod.in > modules/pltcl_$
>             sed -e 's,@TCLSH@,$(TCLSH),g' modules/pltcl_delmod.in > modules/pltcl_d$
>             sed -e 's,@TCLSH@,$(TCLSH),g' modules/pltcl_listmod.in > modules/pltcl_$
>             chmod a+x modules/pltcl_loadmod modules/pltcl_delmod modules/pltcl_list$
>     endif

Probably something like this:

all: pltcl_loadmod pltcl_delmod pltcl_listmod

pltcl_%mod: pltcl_%mod.in
    sed 's/@TCLSH@/$(TCLSH)/g' $< >$@

Do they need to be executable?  I don't know exactly how this "unknown"
thing works anyway, I'll probably take a look later.  As long as it
doesn't break anything now.  ;-)