O.k. wait :) on the Postgres Book - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject O.k. wait :) on the Postgres Book
Date
List pgsql-general

> > I guess that's what's confusing.  Why does GB have to agree to let you
> > distribute software that's from the PostgreSQL Global Development Group?
>
> Definitely a very very good point ... Joshua, you are free to include
> *any* version of PgSQL with your book ... nobody needs to get permission
> from anyone to do so, never have needed, never will need ... its open
> source software ...

Hello,

I would like to note, before there is any miscommunication that GB was
only concerned with the way the name was presented. E.g;

PostgreSQL Great Bridge version 7.1

The only thing that have requested is that we be more clear about the
product by stating:

Great Bridge PostgreSQL version 7.1.

I believe they have a valid point in want to protect their name.

On the flip side, I hope that you guys find the book we are developing a
useful one.

<COMPANY>CommandPrompt    - http://www.commandprompt.com    </COMPANY>
<PROJECT>OpenDocs, LLC.    - http://www.opendocs.org    </PROJECT>
<PROJECT>LinuxPorts     - http://www.linuxports.com     </PROJECT>
<WEBMASTER>LDP        - http://www.linuxdoc.org    </WEBMASTER>
--
Instead of asking why a piece of software is using "1970s technology,"
start asking why software is ignoring 30 years of accumulated wisdom.