Re: Re: hang on (was: New Book: PostgreSQL: The Elephant Never Forgets) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: Re: hang on (was: New Book: PostgreSQL: The Elephant Never Forgets)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > We had offered communication to Great Bridge without much reply. Our
> > intention was to include the downloadable version of the software and
> > possibly some other things if Great Bridge agrees.
>
> I guess that's what's confusing.  Why does GB have to agree to let you
> distribute software that's from the PostgreSQL Global Development Group?

Definitely a very very good point ... Joshua, you are free to include
*any* version of PgSQL with your book ... nobody needs to get permission
from anyone to do so, never have needed, never will need ... its open
source software ...