Re: Re: Prompt question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brett W. McCoy
Subject Re: Re: Prompt question
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, Russell Hires wrote:

> I have a question. I'm
> currently running version 7.0.3 (compiled myself using debuild) on
> debian-m68k potato. When I start psql, my prompt doesn't look like every
> example I've seen. The examples are like this: "mydb=>" My prompt looks like
> this: "test=#" (no quotes, of course) I don't know if this is significant or
> not, obviously it is in Linux, but in Postgres I don't know.

Usually you get that prompt when you are logged in as the postgres
superuser (usually postgres).  Is this the case here?

-- Brett
                http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
If voting could change the system, it would be illegal.  If not voting
could change the system, it would be illegal.