Re: Quick question MySQL --> PgSQL - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Brett W. McCoy
Subject Re: Quick question MySQL --> PgSQL
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Josh Berkus wrote:

>     Just a quick question ... I need to do a regular transfer (daily + on
> demand) of data from a MySQL database to a PostgreSQL database and back
> again.  Can anybody steer me towards a good script for this, or do I
> have to write my own in PHP?

Don't think there is an actual migration script (I could be wrong,
though), but a program using Perl DBI or JDBC would make the data access a
bit easier -- if you wrote it generically enough, you could make the data
transfer go both ways with just a command-line switch.

-- Brett            http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
Give all orders verbally.  Never write anything down that might go into a
"Pearl Harbor File".