Re: Re: A How-To: PostgreSQL from Tcl via ODBC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Re: A How-To: PostgreSQL from Tcl via ODBC
Date
List pgsql-general
> Ran into a hitch at 'make' which reported that 'bison'
> was not installed.  I'm running debian potato, so used
> the apt-get install of bison.  Bison is installed in
> /usr/bin. I copied it to /home/billb/pgsql.
>
> Still getting the 'bison missing' message.

You need to remove config.cache before reconfiguring.

Here's a hint for all who are getting PostgreSQL from CVS, are anyone else
really:  Run configure with --cache=/dev/null.  There is never a reason
why you would need that cache, and there is an infinite number of reasons
why you don't want it.  It's going to save you a lot of head aches.