Re: possible to create CVS branch for proposed patch? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: possible to create CVS branch for proposed patch?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Fred Yankowski writes:

> Jason Tishler and I are planning to create a patch to allow PostgreSQL
> to run directly as an NT service.  I've submitted a similar patch
> which may well be incorporated into the next release of Cygipc, and
> we've got a plan for doing the same for PostgreSQL:  see
> http://ontosys.com/phiki/PostgresqlNtServiceDesign
> I've vetted that plan past this group and have incorporated feedback.

Seems like something that should be done in a separate wrapper program.
Littering the backend with vast sections of platform-specific code that
provides optional functional is probably not going to fly, if I can assess
this group correctly.