possible to create CVS branch for proposed patch? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fred Yankowski
Subject possible to create CVS branch for proposed patch?
Date
Re: possible to create CVS branch for proposed patch?  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Jason Tishler and I are planning to create a patch to allow PostgreSQL
to run directly as an NT service.  I've submitted a similar patch
which may well be incorporated into the next release of Cygipc, and
we've got a plan for doing the same for PostgreSQL:  see
http://ontosys.com/phiki/PostgresqlNtServiceDesign
I've vetted that plan past this group and have incorporated feedback.

Getting to my question:  Is it possible to create a CVS branch of the
HEAD (tip) of the PostgreSQL CVS for us to use in this work?

Having such a branch would allow Jason and I to coordinate our work
easily, and it also gives the pgsql-hackers community an easy way to
view (and review) our work.  Once/if the work is stable and approved,
we/someone could then use CVS tools to merge that branch back onto the
main line and cease any further work on that branch.

--
Fred Yankowski           fred@OntoSys.com      tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant     www.OntoSys.com       fax: +1.630.879.1370