Re: possible to create CVS branch for proposed patch? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: possible to create CVS branch for proposed patch?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Fred Yankowski <fred@ontosys.com> writes:
> Getting to my question:  Is it possible to create a CVS branch of the
> HEAD (tip) of the PostgreSQL CVS for us to use in this work?

It seems unlikely that this work is large enough to justify a branch.
Why don't you just work together and submit a patch when you are done?

We have talked about using branches for projects of the scale of the
planned querytree redesign, which would (a) hit most of the backend,
and (b) break everything until it's done, so other developers couldn't
get anything done meanwhile if it's done on the tip.  An NT-service
wrapper should not have either of those properties, seems to me.