Re: how do i find out when a record was created/modified? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nigel J. Andrews
Subject Re: how do i find out when a record was created/modified?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, David Goodenough wrote:

> On Friday 22 November 2002 10:12, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> > On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 23:07, Andy Kriger wrote:
> > > if i have a table full of data, is there metadata stored somewhere by
> > > psql that can tell me when each record was created/modified? or do i have
> > > to track this manually with datetime columns that default to now()?
> >
> > Defaulting to now() will only track inserts, not updates.
> >
> > There is a contrib module, spi/moddatetime, that will do both.
>
> I just went to the web site, and from there to the FTP master and looked
> in the contrib directory, and its empty.  Presuming I looked in the wrong
> place could you give us a URL please?

I don't know if you said what version you are running but it is in the source
tree for 7.2.3. Depending on how and what you have installed you may or may not
already have the binary installed. Try doing 'locate moddatetime' at a shell
prompt.

--
Nigel J. Andrews