Re: how do i find out when a record was created/modified? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Goodenough
Subject Re: how do i find out when a record was created/modified?
Date
Re: how do i find out when a record was created/modified?  (Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk>)
List pgsql-general
On Friday 22 November 2002 10:12, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 23:07, Andy Kriger wrote:
> > if i have a table full of data, is there metadata stored somewhere by
> > psql that can tell me when each record was created/modified? or do i have
> > to track this manually with datetime columns that default to now()?
>
> Defaulting to now() will only track inserts, not updates.
>
> There is a contrib module, spi/moddatetime, that will do both.

I just went to the web site, and from there to the FTP master and looked
in the contrib directory, and its empty.  Presuming I looked in the wrong
place could you give us a URL please?

David