Re: Can't run configure - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nigel J. Andrews
Subject Re: Can't run configure
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 14 Sep 2002, Williams, Travis L, NPONS wrote:

> Tom,
>     What you asking is a little out of my league (not that I have a
> problem grepping or anything ;) but I'm not quite sure what your asking
> for..

It might short cut things abit if you could send the /usr/include/sys/socket.h
file then we can start suggesting things to search for in other headers. Also
Tom or someone else with 10.20 can do a comparison and check that it's not a
difference in #if's, which seems unlikely but one never knows.

FWIW, looking at the config.log made me think that one would expect this test
to work be determining the failure of the compilation. That made me wonder why
it's a problem. Looking at configure I see my first thoughts were correct.
However, it does seem that all 18 combinations of arguments tried are failing
and failing with the same error messages. I suspect this means a macro
definition is missing somewhere for 11.20 or indeed a header file that was
being included no longer is. Hopefully in this later case it will be in this
file and doing a diff against 10.20 will then show it pretty quickly.

--
Nigel Andrews