Re: Nu-B\Column:Alter type - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From john-paul delaney
Subject Re: Nu-B\Column:Alter type
Date
List pgsql-novice
Thanks for your support Josh...

In your sequence below - where does the column (e.g. col 8 of 25) get changed?

Would I list the good column names to insert into bad_table in point 4., then insert my new column - or is there a way
to"select * except one" (I guess that's pretty lax SQL)?

Am I making sense?

/j-p.

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Josh Berkus wrote:

> John-paul,
>
> >  How do I change a column from date type to text?
>
> This functionality is not supported in version 7.2 or earlier.  You
>  will have to drop and re-create the table:
>
> 1. CREATE TABLE temp1 AS
>     SELECT * FROM bad_table;
> 2. DROP TABLE bad_table;
> 3. CREATE TABLE bad_table;
> 4. INSERT INTO bad_table SELECT * FROM temp1;
> 5. DROP TABLE temp1
>
> -Josh Berkus

 JUSTATEST Art Online
  www.justatest.com