Re: DRDA, network protocol, and documentation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gavin Sherry
Subject Re: DRDA, network protocol, and documentation
Date
Re: DRDA, network protocol, and documentation  (David Terrell <dbt@meat.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Brian Bruns wrote:

> I also noticed on the TODO list someone has put SQL*Net support as a
> network protocol.  Is this a serious plan or just a pipedream?  Part of
> what I'm aiming to do is make the network protocol stuff fairly modular so
> you could support the current protocol, and DRDA, and presumably SQL*Net
> or TDS (Microsoft/Sybases protocol), etc...

I intend on looking into ways to implement SQL*Net/TNS etc. It's not
pretty but would be remarkably useful. I haven't started looking at it
yet because PostgreSQL doesn't support all of the Oracle's SQL
implementation. Until this happens there's really not much point.

Gavin