Re: incorrect query result using complex structures (views?) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kovacs Zoltan
Subject Re: incorrect query result using complex structures (views?)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 8 May 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> Kovacs Zoltan <kovacsz@pc10.radnoti-szeged.sulinet.hu> writes:
> > I cannot decide if this is a serious bug or not --- some queries from
> > complex views may give strange results. The next few days I will try to
> > find the point where the problem is but now I can only include the data
> > structure and the SELECT statements which don't give the correct result.
>
> So ... um ... what do you consider incorrect about the results?
>
>             regards, tom lane

The SELECTs give something like this:

tir=> select az, (select cikk from szallitolevel_tetele_ervenyes where
cikk = c.az) from cikk c limit 20;   az|?column?
------+--------
100191|
100202|
100203|
100006|
100016|
100027|
100028|
100039|
100080|
100099|
100100|
100102|
100105|
100106|
100107|
100108|
100109|
100110|
100111|
100112|
(20 rows)

But cikk.az and szallitolevel_tetele_ervenyes.cikk should be the same, so
the correct output for this query would be like this:

tir=> select c.az, cikk from cikk c, szallitolevel_tetele_ervenyes s where
c.az=s.cikk limit 20;   az|  cikk
------+------
100743|100743
100742|100742